For every street-connected child to have a trustworthy adult in their lives so that they are safer, better supported and valued by their communities.
Our guiding principles
- Children on the street have the same rights as all other children. We accept the reality of the child surviving and developing on the street.
- We trust in street children to be experts in their own lives. They have the strengths and capabilities to make positive decisions.
- They cannot do this alone. Street children’s vulnerabilities result from the stigma, discrimination and abuse to which they are routinely subjected: trust in adults is broken down. Street work rebuilds that trust.
- Trustworthy: We are committed to being empathetic, non-judgmental and transparent with all those we support, and those who support us.
- Expert: We are a global expert in street work practice, backed by over two decades of experience and extensive research.
- Disruptive: We are bold in our demand for change and unapologetic in our view of how it can be achieved.